NBC Sports Chicago’s Crosstown coverage gets underway on Friday, September 21 LIVE from Guaranteed Rate Field starting at 2:30 PM CT;
Harrelson’s farewell broadcast to take place Sunday, September 23
Network to carry ALL THREE “Crosstown” games this weekend featuring expert coverage provided by Harrelson, Stone, Kasper, Deshaies, Guillen, Glanville,
Melton, DeJesus, Anderson, Kaplan, Garfien, Crull, Rahimi, Andracki & Duber!
Weekend coverage to include the addition of “4D Replay” technology, featuring 100 cameras in use from first base to third base for detailed, composite replay analysis!
Live streaming coverage of EVERY Crosstown telecast – including all Pre/Postgame Shows –
to be made available to authenticated subscribers on NBCSportsChicago.com and via the NBC Sports app!
NBCSportsChicago.com to deliver expanded Crosstown content throughout the weekend, including brand new Crosstown-focused Podcasts and much more!
Social media highlights on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat to include live streaming segments, behind-the-scenes vids/pics,
plus - Cubs and White Sox fans can get interactive all weekend long by utilizing the hashtag #Crosstown
Chicago, IL (September 19, 2018) – NBC Sports Chicago – THE Home of the #AuthenticFan – is ready to deliver expanded, multi-platform coverage of the always-entertaining Chicago White Sox vs. Chicago Cubs “Crosstown Classic” series beginning this FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, as the White Sox host the Cubs at Guaranteed Rate Field. In addition, Sunday’s telecast will mark the final broadcast call of legendary White Sox announcer Ken “Hawk” Harrelson. Plus - EVERY Crosstown telecast on NBC Sports Chicago, including surrounding Pre/Postgame Live coverage, will be accessible live via NBCSportsChicago.com and the NBC Sports app to authenticated NBC Sports Chicago subscribers. The live streaming service is currently available to customers of Comcast/Xfinity, DIRECTV, DISH Network, AT&T U-verse, Mediacom, RCN, WOW!, Time Warner Cable and Charter among numerous other carriers. For a full list of carriers and more information about NBC Sports Chicago’s live streaming service of its Cubs & White Sox games, viewers are urged to visit the following link:http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/live-faq.
NBC Sports Chicago’s “Crosstown Classic” coverage gets underway this Friday, September 21 at 2:30 PM CT with an on-field, remote edition of Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Automotive Group featuring host David Kaplan (@thekapman), analysts David DeJesus (@David_DeJesus3), Doug Glanville (@dougglanville), Brian Anderson (@WWBAD32) & Bill Melton, along with Cubs reporter Kelly Crull (@KellyCrull) and White Sox reporter Chuck Garfien (@ChuckGarfien), who will all provide a complete series preview featuring interviews with players and coaches, fan interaction in and around the ballpark, and much more. First pitch coverage of this “Cubs telecast” on NBC Sports Chicago begins at 3:00 PM featuring Len Kasper (@LenKasper) & Jim Deshaies (@JimDeshaies) with the game call. Immediately following the game on Cubs Postgame Live presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois, fans can look forward to a complete game recap/analysis, plus live postgame press conferences featuring Cubs manager Joe Maddon and White Sox manager Rick Renteria, player interviews from both clubhouses, and much more. NOTE: Saturday’s game telecast on Sept. 22 will also be a “Cubs telecast” on NBC Sports Chicago with live coverage from Guaranteed Rate Field beginning at 5:30 PM featuring Ozzie Guillen (@OzzieGuillen) on Cubs Pre/Postgame Live (first pitch set for 6:00 PM).
Then, on Sunday, September 21, NBC Sports Chicago will carry the farewell game call of White Sox legendary broadcaster and likely future Hall of Famer Ken “Hawk” Harrelson. Harrelson will be joined in the booth by longtime partner Steve Stone (@stevestone) and a number of special guests stopping by the booth throughout the telecast. Live coverage from Guaranteed Rate Field on Sunday gets underway with White Sox Pregame Live presented The Kowalis Family of Dealerships at 12:30 PM with host Leila Rahimi (@leilarahimi) featuring analysts Bill Melton, Brian Anderson, David DeJesus and Doug Glanville, along with White Sox Multi-Platform host/reporter Chuck Garfien and Cubs reporter Kelly Crull; first pitch coverage begins at 1:00 PM, which will be followed by Subaru White Sox Postgame Live immediately after each game. Full weekend schedule details below (all times Central Time; schedule subject to change):
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21
2:30 PM – Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group – Special on-site pregame show from Guaranteed Rate Field with a detailed series preview, player interviews, a showcase of surrounding ballpark festivities & much more.
3:00 PM – CUBS at WHITE SOX (L) – “Cubs telecast” featuring Len Kasper & Jim Deshaies
6:00 PM – Cubs Postgame Live presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (time approx.) – Complete game recap/analysis, plus live postgame press conferences and player interviews.
9:00 PM – Cubs at White Sox (game replay on NBC Sports Chicago+)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
5:30 PM – Cubs Pregame Live presented by Fields Auto Group – Special on-site pregame show from Guaranteed Rate Field with a recap of Game 1, a Game 2 preview, special guest interviews, feature stories, and much more.
6:00 PM – CUBS at WHITE SOX (L) – “Cubs telecast” featuring Len Kasper & Jim Deshaies
9:00 PM – Cubs Postgame Live presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (time approx.) – Complete game recap/analysis, plus live postgame press conferences and player interviews.
11:00 PM – White Sox at Cubs (game replay)
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
12:30 PM – White Sox Pregame Live presented by The Kowalis Family of Dealerships – Special on-site pregame show from Guaranteed Rate Field featuring a discussion with Ken “Hawk” Harrelson, a recap of Games 1-2, a Game 3 preview, special guest interviews, feature stories, and much more.
1:00 PM – CUBS at WHITE SOX (L) – “White Sox telecast” featuring the farewell broadcast of White Sox legend Ken “Hawk” Harrelson, along analysis provided by Steve Stone
4:00 PM – Subaru White Sox Postgame Live (time approx.) – Complete game recap/analysis, plus live postgame press conferences and player interviews.
8:00 PM (time approx., immediately following “Football Aftershow”) – “Hawk” documentary – Encore airing of the acclaimed documentary on the life & career of White Sox broadcasting legend Ken “Hawk” Harrelson.
IMPORTANT IN-GAME COVERAGE NOTE: For the first time ever in the Chicago market, NBC Sports Chicago’s coverage of the Cubs-Sox “Crosstown” series will be utilizing the advanced 4D Replay (4DReplay.com) technology. The 4D Replay technology utilizes 100 cameras installed from first base around to third base on the second level railing, taking a series of pictures of a play to provide a composite replay that can be shown and analyzed from the first base angle all around to the third base angle. In addition, the 4D Replay technology can also analyze a player’s swing on a home run or a close play at the plate. NBC Sports Chicago will also be showcasing 4D Replay for a pair of Cubs home game telecasts on Sept. 26 & 27 vs. Pittsburgh.
In addition to its live stream game coverage all weekend long, NBCSportsChicago.com will provide even more exclusive “Crosstown Classic” content including the following highlights:
• “Crosstown” game coverage: White Sox digital reporter/producer Vinnie Duber (@VinnieDuber) and Cubs digital reporter/producer Tony Andracki (@TonyAndracki23) will provide full-blown game coverage throughout the weekend featuring interviews with players and coaches from both teams.
• White Sox & Cubs PODCASTs (presented by Wintrust): Special Crosstown-specific podcasts featuring Chuck Garfien, Ryan McGuffey, and Chris Kamka (White Sox), along with David Kaplan and Tony Andracki (Cubs), will be rolled out this week on both the “WhiteSoxTalk” & CubsTalk” podcast homes. All of NBC Sports Chicago’s podcasts can be downloaded at NBCSportsChicago.com/podcasts and fans can simply subscribe to the podcast of their choice via Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher. The podcasts can be played on any mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer.
• “The Rebuild”: Vinnie Duber will provide a two-part overview feature that takes a deep look at the Jose Quintana trade from the Sox to the Cubs that occurred in July of 2017, which focuses on performance of the prospects the White Sox received and Quintana’s overall performance since he joined the northsiders. In addition, Duber will provide a Sox-Cubs comparison piece, specifically looking at where the Sox rebuild is in relation to the Cubs rebuild before their World Series run.
From a social media standpoint, fans can look forward to a multitude of Crosstown “Sights & Sounds” moments leading up to and throughout the weekend via Facebook Live (Facebook.com/NBCSChicago), Twitter (@NBCSCubs & @NBCSWhiteSox), Snapchat (‘NBCSChicago’), along with additional photos/quick video offerings from ‘NBCSChicago’ through Instagram and Instagram Live. Among the network’s social media highlights will include:
• THURSDAY: “Crosstown Preview Show” at 5:00 PM on “The Rush” via Facebook Live (Facebook.com/NBCSChicago), along with a full recap of the first leg of the Crosstown series (held in May at Wrigley Field) on the network’s Facebook & Twitter portals.
• FRIDAY: NBC Sports Chicago will roll out a “Who Did It Better?” series throughout the weekend which throws out a number of fun, comparative White Sox vs. Cubs topics from this season (i.e. Who’s a better pitcher?: Anthony Rizzo or Matt Davidson?). Plus, fans can look forward to a Twitter (@NBCSChicago) live Periscope pregame segment featuring the network’s Cubs/White Sox talent and producers discussing the weekend’s keys to victory for each team.
• SATURDAY: Continued fan interactive coverage across all social platforms throughout the day.
• SUNDAY: In honor of “Hawk’s” final game in the White Sox broadcast booth, NBC Sports Chicago’s social handles will spotlight his most memorable Crosstown series moments/quotes. Plus, full final day interactive coverage on all social platforms, which will include a full recap of Games 1 & 2 prior to first pitch.
• #Crosstown – Fans from both sides of town can interact with their comments leading up to and throughout the weekend on social via the hashtag - #Crosstown - plus, select tweets will also be retweeted via the network’s @NBCSCubs, @NBCSWhiteSox, and @NBCSChicago Twitter handles.